Tomatoes, vinegar and spices such as pepper flakes and allspice help infuse chicken with a ton of flavor.
- 1 cup BPA-free canned unsalted crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp safflower or sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp peeled and chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp ground allspice (Try: Simply Organic Allspice)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 12 2-oz boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1. In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients except chicken. Transfer to a large zip-top freezer bag and add chicken. Seal bag, removing as much air as possible. Massage chicken mixture to evenly distribute marinade; place bag flat on a freezer shelf. Freeze up to 2 months.
2. To cook: Remove bag of frozen chicken from freezer and place onto a large dish; thaw in fridge, 24 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove chicken from marinade and arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet; discard remaining marinade. Bake chicken until no longer pink inside and an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of chicken reads 165°F, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Serving Size: 2 thighs
- Calories: 155
- Carbohydrate Content: 2 g
- Cholesterol Content: 104 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 108 mg
- Sugar Content: 1.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g