Lifechanging Blueberry Muffins
🫐 🫐 🫐
Makes 12 cupcake-sized muffins
1 cup white whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup Barney Butter almond meal or Barney Butter blanched almond flour
1/3 cup organic cane sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup coconut oil (melted in microwave for liquid consistency)
1 organic or pasture-raised egg
3/4 cup organic grassfed milk or oat milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups frozen or fresh organic blueberries
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 Tablespoons coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
2 Tablespoons salted butter (or coconut oil), at room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Coat 12-cup muffin pan with coconut oil or spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, almond meal, sugar, baking powder and sea salt.
3. Add oil, egg, milk and vanilla extract. Stir until just combined.
4. Gently fold in blueberries using a rubber spatula.
5. Divide batter into prepared pan, filling muffin cups halfway or so.
6. Toss topping ingredients in small bowl and gently press together with fork to form “crumbs.” Divide mixture on top of muffins.
7. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in muffin center comes out clean.
Re-gram recipe from @navesinknutrition