We're on a bit of a soup kick and love that adding in some tasty Karma Nuts Raw Jumbo Cashews adds a creaminess and heartiness to a healthy vegetable bisque. Pureeing the vegetables gives a traditional soup an elevated air, and it's so easy to make!
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup Karma Nuts Raw Jumbo cashews, soaked
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot or ~8 baby carrots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot on medium high heat.
- Add in celery, onions, and garlic. Stir.
- Add in a splash of stock along with pepper, carrots, cauliflower, and seasonings.
- Add water, cashews, and vegetable stock to the pot. Stir.
- Cook until contents reach a low boil. Cover and continue to heat on low for 30 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat source and pour into blender or food processor (batch out as needed).
- Blend until pureed, and return to the original pot.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for 2-3 days.