Our good friend Carly Merut (beautifulbitesbycarly) created these unique and delicious cookies that are perfect for any holiday cookie exchange (or just a wonderful treat for yourself!) The tart cranberries pair incredibly well with our flavorful Karma Nuts Cinnamon Wrapped Cashews to create the perfect bite!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 2 heaping tbsp Satsuma zest (or orange)
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1/4 chopped karmanuts cinnamon cashews
- Course Turbinado sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, pulse @karmanuts cinnamon cashews until coarsely chopped (set aside).
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Fold in salt and Satsuma zest.
- Add the flour to form the dough. Do not over mix.
- Chop the dried cranberries and add them to the batter. Add the @karmanuts cinnamon cashews to the batter. Gently fold together.
- Split dough in half and form into two separate logs, roughly 2” in diameter.
- Wrap each log and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Before baking, roll/coat logs in Turbinado sugar for an added crunch. This sugar will not melt while baking (optional).
- Cut the logs into 1/2” slices and bake for about 11 minutes, until lightly golden.