Brussels sprouts seem like a holiday no-brainer, yet they can be easily overlooked. These roasted Brussels sprouts are an easy and flavorful recipe that highlight fall and winter’s freshest ingredients. They are a quintessential side dish to any holiday meal, with a subtle sweetness and exciting crunch!
- 17 1⁄2 oz (490 g) Brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced in half
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium pear (any variety), diced
- 1 tbsp (3 g) fresh thyme leaves, plus more as needed
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- Dash of black pepper
- 1 tbsp (9 g) raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. On the prepared baking sheet, combine the Brussels sprouts, onion, pear, thyme, maple syrup, oil, salt and black pepper, spreading the mixture out evenly and coating it in the oil and spices.
3. Roast the Brussels sprouts on the oven’s center rack for 20 to 25 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Add the almonds during the last 5 to 7 minutes, roasting until they are toasted. Drizzle the lemon juice on top, garnish with extra thyme and serve immediately.