Gluten Free Cherry Hemp Tumeric and Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
1 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup vegan butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs (for vegan, use a flax egg!)
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cupglutewn-free old fashioned oats
4 Thunderbird Cherry Hemp Turmeric Bars (chopped)
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together gluten free flour, turmeric, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- Cream together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar in an electric mixer. Mix in one egg at a time. Then blend together with vanilla.
- Add flour mixture in slowly. (if you have the mixer on to fast it flour will get everywhere.) Mix in oats, Thunderbird bars (click here to view bars) and chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough out of bowl. Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Bake in oven for 12-14 minutes. The tops of the cookies will have a light golden brown color.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheets for a few minutes. Then transfer onto a cookie rack. Repeat until all the dough is gone.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.