There are two not-so secrets to this burger:
-The burger is cooked in mustard. See details below.
-The spread, #innout 's version of secret sauce.
There are several copy cat recipes online for the spread, here's what we did:
- 3 Tbsp mayo (we used low-cal mayo)
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 tsp sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 tsp paprika
Mix together and set aside.
- Form 1/4 lb hamburger in a ball. Smash ball into cast iron skillet.
- Slather burger with mustard and cook for 2 minutes (med to high heat)
- Flip patty, now mustard side down, and smash. Cook for 2 minutes. You can also season patty to your liking.
- Toast inside of buns.
- Grill/saute diced onions
- Bottom bun, lettuce, tomato, burger, pickles, special sauce, grilled onions, top bun.
This was one of the most nutritionally balanced burgers we've ever made. If this doesn't convince you that eating #nutritiousanddelicious is possible, nothing will.
Net carbs 6.2
*We used @lauras_lean beef (94%)