The holidays are the perfect time to add extra perks to your coffee. This Boozy Affogato with Chocolate Cream recipe is an instant crowd-pleaser and the ideal blend of dessert and after-dinner drink. Read on for a brief description about Affogato and how you can make this with Waka Coffee.
An affogato is an Italian coffee-based dessert that is usually served after lunch or dinner. In it's simplest form, an affogato is made from two ingredients: espresso and gelato. The word "affogato" means drowned in Italian. This is fitting because all you have to do to make an affogato is "drown" vanilla gelato in a shot of hot espresso. If you want an easier alternative, you can use vanilla ice cream and quality instant coffee instead.
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 3 tbsp of powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 scoop of vanilla gelato
- 2 tbsp of Waka instant coffee
- 3 oz of hot water
- 2 tbsp of coffee liqueur
Make the chocolate cream:
- In a bowl, add heavy cream, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- With an electric mixer beat on medium speed for 5 minutes until soft peaks form.
Make the affogato:
- In a glass, mix Waka instant coffee with hot water. Stir and set aside.
- Divide gelato between 2 small dessert cups.
- Pour over evenly with Waka coffee and coffee liqueur.
- Top with chocolate cream.
Shop the entire Waka Coffee collection here.