- 2 cups kale, massaged
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup roasted butternut squash, peeled and roughly cubed
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 2 heaping tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup Barney Butter Smooth Almond Butter
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons warm water*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- *For a thinner texture, add more water
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Peel and cube butternut squash.
- Toss in 1 tablespoon of olive oil with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place on a greased baking tray and bake for 20 minutes, take the squash out and flip it over then bake for another 15 minutes until tender, but not burnt.
- Massage kale to break up fibers.
- Sautée over medium heat with 2 teaspoons of olive oil for approximately 7 minutes, until kale is wilted but not completely crispy.
- Whisk together 1/4 cup Barney Butter Smooth Almond Butter, 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of tahini and 2 tablespoons of warm water and salt and pepper to taste.
- Leftover dressing can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Toss together sautéed kale, 1 cup of roasted butternut squash, sunflower seeds, avocado slices and pomegranate seeds with 1-2 tablespoons of almond butter dressing (depending on how heavily you want it dressed).
Recipe courtesy of Georgie at In It 4 The Long Run.
Shop all Barney Butter products here.