This article originally appeared in Shape.
At the end of the rope with your current cardio routine? Try the low-impact alternative that's taking over TikTok: Jumping rope. The workout burns more calories per minute than running while strengthening your arms, legs, shoulders, and glutes. It also requires just one piece of equipment and can be done in compact spaces, such as a living room. Plus, even the most luxurious jump ropes cost a fraction of traditional cardio machines.
Ahead, the best jump ropes for beginners to advanced skippers, according to a fitness expert and passionate purchasers:
- Best for Beginners: SPRI Speed Jump Rope
- Most Ratings: Degol Skipping Rope
- Best Speed: Wod Nation Speed Jump Rope
- Best Heavy: Autuwt Weighted Jump Rope
- Best Double-Under: Gaoykai Weighted Jump Rope
- Best Weighted: Crossrope Get Lean Weighted Jump Rope
- Best Adjustable: Letsfit Jump Rope
- Best Smart: Tangram Smart Jump Rope Rookie
- Best Cordless: Aplugtek Jump Rope
- Best Tall: BeMaxx High-Speed Jump Rope