Taking a bath is a major part of human history. Some like to take a plunge in water after sauna, while others like to do their bath routine in bath tubs or showers. However, baths are hugely prescribed for relaxing and spending some time for yourself. But baths do have a wide range of skin as well as health benefits. Let’s talk about them.
- Alleviates Mood: Taking a bath yields numerous positive effects, including reducing stress, improving mood, relieving muscle pain, and getting better sleep. Daily bath is directly related to improved mood, optimism, body comfort, isolation, body positioning, and warmth. When you bath in a bath tub in horizontal position, it relaxes your body by mimicking the warm and liquid condition of a womb. As a result, you get a sense of security and feel safe.
- Relieves Skin Conditions: If you are suffering from a skin condition like psoriasis or eczema, you can take an oiled bath like our Yerba Maté Bath Soak with Aloe & Jojoba oil to moisturize your skin, shed any dead skin cells, and eliminate any chances of infection. Bath can kill bacteria on the skin, improve immunity against inflammation, and reduce swelling and pain.
- Treats Muscle Pain: By adding bath salts in your bath, you can relieve your muscle pain to a great extent. If you take a hot bath, it will work as a hot pack for your entire body. It will increase the temperature of your aching muscles, block pain sensors, and relieve pain. Even if you throw yourself in cold water, the lactic acids in your bloodstream will reduce, your blood vessels will constrict, and lactic acid will drain. So, when you come out of water, new acid-free blood will flow through your body and improve your recovery time.
- Improves Sleep: When your body is relieved and you are free from pain and inflammation, you are definitely going to get a good time in bed. When your body temperature decreases at night, your body starts producing melatonin, which is a hormone responsible for inducing sleep.
- Reduces Cold Symptoms: An interesting potential benefit of a bath is that it reduces cold and flu symptoms. It cannot suddenly vanish your common cold, but submerging in warm water manages your cold symptoms by steam therapy and by adjusting your body temperature. We all know that inhaling steam is an excellent treatment for cold symptoms, as it clears out your nasal passages and reduces inflammation. So, if you are suffering from cold, keep yourself warm by elevating your body temperature. It not only boosts your immunity, but also fights off infections.
- Calms Arthritic Pain: If you are suffering from chronic pain due to arthritis or fibromyalgia, then taking a bath can actually work as a godsend for you. Add some table salt in your bath and you will actually notice a reduction in your arthritic pain. Salt dehydrates the cells and reduce their swelling, due to which your pain and inflammation get relieved.
Baths are nice and good for health which is why at Sanara we make it a priority in self-care and health. Make your bath time a ritual with our Tranquila Bath Ritual, we promise your skin and soul will thank you for it.